Taking place from 2 to 6 June, National Environment Week is held each year in the week ‘straddling’ World Environment Day which occurs on 5 June this year.
National Environment Week has become an annual feature on the South African calendar, with a range of important activities scheduled countrywide. Activities are scheduled at a national and provincial level. Environmental stakeholders will also embark on related activities during Environment Week.
Loose translation of the above paragraph; “A great opportunity for political leaders and other ‘shut yer pie hole’ persons to tell us lowly citizens how much our leaders ‘care’ for the environment before they climb back into their gas guzzlers and roar off into the hazy sunset with sirens blazing.”
More ‘excuses’ for taking time off work this year can be found here: Need an Excuse to Take Time off Work?
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- Toyota Cheetahs will enter match as favourites - 23 January 2020
- Municipal boundary determination process gets underway - 23 January 2020
- Road fatalities down by 10% - 23 January 2020
- Shawn Govender – New Plant Manager of the Ford Struandale Engine Plant - 23 January 2020
- Water From Air Project Receives Stars of Africa Award - 23 January 2020