Seen by MyPE – Fewer people than expected at the first Super Rugby game in 2016 at the NMB stadium in #PortElizabeth – I am told that 1 500 tickets were sold. Sharks kicked off and are playing North to South against the Southern Kings.:
EDITOR: Now stop and think about this – the official ATTENDANCE figure for the game was 10 937 spectators. The person who told me that 1 500 tickets had been sold is a super reliable sort. So, is it possible that over 9 000 tickets were given away? AND, what does that say about the state of rugby support in the bay?
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- Swimming Gold for Ashton Volkwyn - 21 March 2018
- Southern Kings have a Top Performer - 21 March 2018
- Veeplaas Female Arrested with R100K of Stolen Goods - 21 March 2018
- Heads Up MBDA – What if gentrification was about healing communities instead of displacing them? - 21 March 2018
- Team: Southern Kings vs Benetton Rugby - 21 March 2018