Seen by MyPE – Fewer people than expected at the first Super Rugby game in 2016 at the NMB stadium in #PortElizabeth – I am told that 1 500 tickets were sold. Sharks kicked off and are playing North to South against the Southern Kings.:
EDITOR: Now stop and think about this – the official ATTENDANCE figure for the game was 10 937 spectators. The person who told me that 1 500 tickets had been sold is a super reliable sort. So, is it possible that over 9 000 tickets were given away? AND, what does that say about the state of rugby support in the bay?
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- The ultimate test in team sport - 20 October 2017
- Winners to receive potential contract and become fully-fledged production suppliers. - 20 October 2017
- Project performance records impressive results in the Eastern Cape Education Schools Programme - 19 October 2017
- Three day-old Baby Girl found abandoned in Kwadwesi - 18 October 2017
- Our oceans are under attack - 18 October 2017