Seen by MyPE – Fewer people than expected at the first Super Rugby game in 2016 at the NMB stadium in #PortElizabeth – I am told that 1 500 tickets were sold. Sharks kicked off and are playing North to South against the Southern Kings.:
EDITOR: Now stop and think about this – the official ATTENDANCE figure for the game was 10 937 spectators. The person who told me that 1 500 tickets had been sold is a super reliable sort. So, is it possible that over 9 000 tickets were given away? AND, what does that say about the state of rugby support in the bay?
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- OK That is it! New Rules for Twitter Engagements - 3 December 2016
- Christmas comes early at the Business Chamber - 3 December 2016
- Boardwalk Casino is ranked best in its class in SA’s biggest consumer survey - 3 December 2016
- Swimming and water safety at Bubbles Swimming School Holiday Club - 3 December 2016
- Ray of Light amidst new vehicle sales decline - 3 December 2016