Seen by MyPE – Fewer people than expected at the first Super Rugby game in 2016 at the NMB stadium in #PortElizabeth – I am told that 1 500 tickets were sold. Sharks kicked off and are playing North to South against the Southern Kings.:
EDITOR: Now stop and think about this – the official ATTENDANCE figure for the game was 10 937 spectators. The person who told me that 1 500 tickets had been sold is a super reliable sort. So, is it possible that over 9 000 tickets were given away? AND, what does that say about the state of rugby support in the bay?
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- Who is Roger? Can he Fly? - 29 June 2016
- Biggest Perlemoen smuggling ring smashed in Port Elizabeth - 28 June 2016
- Testing the efficacy of healing plants from Nigeria, Romania and Egypt - 28 June 2016
- South African – German City Network for Integrated and Liveable Neighbourhoods - 28 June 2016
- #Stickers from Twitter - 28 June 2016