Today’s posts from our featured Port Elizabeth Blogger:
My desk was given to my grandfather Walter Charles Lunnon, Postmaster of Swellendam, on his retirement on 1 November 1923.
I subsequently inherited it.
Today I found this envelope in its bottom drawer. It is addressed to Mrs H Lunnon, my late mother (Doris) and is from Doreen, at 93, my last surviving Lunnon (now Volsteedt) aunt.
Doreen congratulates Doris on the birth of Junior, and mentions a present of a blue blanket from Doreen and Grandpa for the little one.
The letter is dated 18 September 1956.
So now I wonder where is my blue blanket.
Yes, that was my present. That is my birthday and I am Junior!
I wonder what happened to my blanket.
Source: BrainStorms – Ed Lunnon’s Blog.
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- Donkin Street Port Elizabeth - 26 February 2020
- Cricket-Warner says Australia on track for T20 World Cup success – Port Elizabeth in the News - 26 February 2020
- Say Sawabuna To South Africa With Special Business Class Fares On South African Airways – Port Elizabeth Business News - 25 February 2020
- Violence in the house can never be condoned in a parliamentary democracy - 25 February 2020
- Smith, Warner to face Cape Town demons – Port Elizabeth in the News - 25 February 2020