Today’s posts from our featured Port Elizabeth Blogger:
My desk was given to my grandfather Walter Charles Lunnon, Postmaster of Swellendam, on his retirement on 1 November 1923.
I subsequently inherited it.
Today I found this envelope in its bottom drawer. It is addressed to Mrs H Lunnon, my late mother (Doris) and is from Doreen, at 93, my last surviving Lunnon (now Volsteedt) aunt.
Doreen congratulates Doris on the birth of Junior, and mentions a present of a blue blanket from Doreen and Grandpa for the little one.
The letter is dated 18 September 1956.
So now I wonder where is my blue blanket.
Yes, that was my present. That is my birthday and I am Junior!
I wonder what happened to my blanket.
Source: BrainStorms – Ed Lunnon’s Blog.
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- PE Business News: No military will be deployed in EC as yet to fight gangsterism - 16 July 2019
- 10 iconic spots to take #sharethebay Instapics – Featured Blog - 16 July 2019
- Mthatha News: TREE BRANCH KILLS 10 YEAR-OLD PUPIL! - 16 July 2019
- Gannets in Algoa Bay - 16 July 2019
- King Williams Town News: 4 Bedroom House for Sale in Club View - 16 July 2019