Today’s posts from our featured Port Elizabeth Blogger:
My desk was given to my grandfather Walter Charles Lunnon, Postmaster of Swellendam, on his retirement on 1 November 1923.
I subsequently inherited it.
Today I found this envelope in its bottom drawer. It is addressed to Mrs H Lunnon, my late mother (Doris) and is from Doreen, at 93, my last surviving Lunnon (now Volsteedt) aunt.
Doreen congratulates Doris on the birth of Junior, and mentions a present of a blue blanket from Doreen and Grandpa for the little one.
The letter is dated 18 September 1956.
So now I wonder where is my blue blanket.
Yes, that was my present. That is my birthday and I am Junior!
I wonder what happened to my blanket.
Source: BrainStorms – Ed Lunnon’s Blog.
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- PE Business News: What’s in City Press business: BBC’s hopes for Ramaphosa; Green fund could save Eskom; Conservationists oppose Algoa Bay bunkering; - 19 May 2019
- Uitenhage News: ANC struggle stalwart Thobile Mhlahlo dies - 19 May 2019
- Mthatha News: Workers disrupt Cosatu #MayDay rally in Mthatha - 18 May 2019
- King Williams Town News: Crime Intelligence operation yielded good results - 18 May 2019
- PE Business News: Mpofu confident EFF will be ANC’s biggest opposition - 18 May 2019