Today’s posts from our featured Port Elizabeth Blogger:
My desk was given to my grandfather Walter Charles Lunnon, Postmaster of Swellendam, on his retirement on 1 November 1923.
I subsequently inherited it.
Today I found this envelope in its bottom drawer. It is addressed to Mrs H Lunnon, my late mother (Doris) and is from Doreen, at 93, my last surviving Lunnon (now Volsteedt) aunt.
Doreen congratulates Doris on the birth of Junior, and mentions a present of a blue blanket from Doreen and Grandpa for the little one.
The letter is dated 18 September 1956.
So now I wonder where is my blue blanket.
Yes, that was my present. That is my birthday and I am Junior!
I wonder what happened to my blanket.
Source: BrainStorms – Ed Lunnon’s Blog.
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- Grahamstown News: Man sentenced to life imprisonment for rape of 5-year-old girl - 17 November 2018
- PE News: Property for Sale in Kamma Heights - 17 November 2018
- Vacant Land For Sale in Blue Horizon Bay, Port Elizabeth for R340 000 [video] - 17 November 2018
- PE Business News: OOCL introduces new Asia – South Africa direct services - 17 November 2018
- Mthatha News: South Africa: Over 2,000 Schools Without Toilets, Says Equal Education - 17 November 2018