The Nelson Mandela Bay Municipality wishes all residents a safe and enjoyable festive season. The municipality continues to discourage drinking and driving not only in the festive season but throughout the year.
The law enforcement officers will be all out 24/7 making sure that all traffic laws are adhered to. Close cooperation of the Metro Police, SAPS and all other safety and security agencies will make sure that there is no space for criminality and disrepect of the law.
Nelson Mandela Bay Municipality Deputy Executive Mayor, Cllr Mongameli Bobani said: “We condemn drinking in all public areas. We will have a zero tolerance on drinking and driving. We have also noticed a increase in underage drinking. We urge parents to play their role and ensure that children stay away from alcohol and drugs as these have a potential of jeopardizing their future”.
The Nelson Mandela Bay Municipality Summer Season programme continues as follows:
- Outdoor Cinema and Carols by Candlelight – Happy Valley – 22 December 2016 – 18:00
- Springs Fiesta – Springs Resort, Uitenhage – 27 December 2016 – 18:00
- The Sundowner – Hobie Beach – 29 December 2016 – 18:00
- Ebubeleni Festival – Scribante Race Track – 30 December 2016 -Tickets available at Computicket
- New Year’s Eve Celebration – Hobie Beach / Wells Estate – 18:00 – 31 December 2016
Latest posts by NMB Communications (see all)
- Free Wi-Fi. Why? - 18 April 2019
- Hot Cross Bun Breathalyser – Eating hot cross buns and driving will not land you in jail - 17 April 2019
- Lorraine Water Shutdown - 16 April 2019
- Today’s Waste Collection Delays - 16 April 2019
- Motherwell Food Safety Crackdown Continues - 12 April 2019