It’s all systems go as the Nelson Mandela Bay Municipality begins to roll out its Integrated Development Plan (IDP) and Budget Public Participation sessions across the City (9 – 18 April 2018). Today the programme launch at the Nangoza Jebe Hall was characterised by huge enthusiasm when the IDP office hosted two inaugural sessions; one for Councillors (at 10h00); and another one for Ward Committee members (at 13h00).
The intention of today’s meetings was to brief Councillors and Ward Committee members about the preparation for the meetings. It was also intended to interact with Councillors and Ward Committee members about their role in the implementation and success of these sessions.
Speaking to Councillors, Speaker of Council Cllr Jonathan Lawack called on all Councillors and Ward Committee members to not only participate actively in the process,, but importantly also make sure that communities are informed about the sessions set out for their respective wards. The Speaker also encouraged attendees to work close with the Municipality’s IDP office to make the meetings a success.
Latest posts by NMB Communications (see all)
- Ambush Marketing Bylaw to protect sponsorships and brand integrity - 24 April 2018
- Ironman African Championship – the perfect dry run - 20 April 2018
- Metro Police officers confiscate illegal firearm in KwaNobuhle - 20 April 2018
- Residents cry out for jobs - 20 April 2018
- Dear @CyrilRamaphosa – How About following NMB’s Lead? - 18 April 2018