Four suspects between the ages of 18 and 24 were arrested after members from Mount Road SAPS followed up on information regarding an illegal firearm.
On Thursday, 14 January 2016, Mount Road Crime Prevention Unit members received information regarding suspects in Shaurderville Ave, Holland Park. The members followed up on the information and searched a house. During the search the members recovered a 9mm fire arm with ammunition. The K9 unit was also involved and in the back yard they recovered 30 ‘bankies’ of dagga. A Toyota Tazz, suspected to be a stolen vehicle was also seized by police.
The fire arm will be sent for forensic testing to determine if this fire arm could be linked to other crimes. The four suspects will be detained on charges of Possession of Illegal Firearm and ammunition, Possession of suspected stolen vehicle and possession of dagga. The suspects will appear in the Port Elizabeth magistrate court on Monday 18 January 2016.
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- Port Elizabeth brings its best to the 2019 ENGEN Pitch & Polish event - 15 July 2019
- Implementing Liquefied Natural Gas with Coega as the Hub - 15 July 2019
- Leopard relocation dispute – Buffalo Kloof Private Game Reserve’s response - 15 July 2019
- Filipino Crewman Evacuated off Bulk Carrier - 15 July 2019
- One More Reason Why Foreign Visitors are a God Send - 15 July 2019