Police in Port Elizabeth are relentless in their efforts in curbing the illicit sale of drugs in the area.
On Tuesday, 15 January 2019 at about 18:00, Mount Road members acted on information received of a possible drug ‘drop off’ in Sydenham. The suspect’s vehicle, a silver VW Polo was spotted and when the suspect saw the police, he sped off. A chase ensued. The driver of the VW Polo pointed a firearm at the police. After a short chase, police succeeded in cornering the vehicle in Voyle and Esselen Avenue. The driver refused to get out and attempted to flee once again. A shot was fired into the tyre.
The 34-year-old male was arrested and detained on charges of pointing of a firearm, illegal possession of drugs and attempted murder. Upon searching the vehicle, a piece of cocaine and two packets of tik were found in the vehicle. A replica firearm was also found.
The suspect is expected to appear in court soon.
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- Meet the Fish Farm’s Landlord - 23 April 2019
- Eastern Province Rugby Team to Play Boland - 23 April 2019
- Front Nasionaal / Front National – 2019 - 23 April 2019
- Invite for Girls to Participate in Cricket High Performance Trials - 23 April 2019
- Free Democrats – 2019 - 23 April 2019