The Motherwell Developmental Arts Festival 2014 will be held on 27 September 2014. The Festival is part of the Nelson Mandela Bay Municipality’s programme to support youth participating in creative arts in Motherwell and other parts of the City. Through the Motherwell Urban Renewal and Economic Development directorate the municipality has identified the creative industry as a tool that can provide sustainable jobs and economic opportunities for the youth.
The festival will be in three phases that will proceed to unearth, connect, select and empower creativity with the help of mentors.
The final phase will be in a form of a festival where young people who went through the auditions and mentoring will showcase their talent and productions in a form of a festival.
Auditions will take place in Motherwell at the NU30 Hall.
- Friday 1st August: Dance auditions – 9:00 to 17:00
- Saturday 2nd August: Music auditions – 9:00 to 17:00
- Sunday 3rd August: Film, Fashion And Visual Art auditions – 9:00 to 17:00
For more information about the auditions and the festival contact the following: Nomakhomazi Dyosopu, One Blood Sound: 078 964 8908 or Malusi Andries/Andisiwe Matiwane, Motherwell Urban Renewal Programme (MURP): 072 992 5677/082 8652 083
Latest posts by NMB Communications (see all)
- Bobani puts his statement in context - 19 September 2018
- Water Shut Off - 11 September 2018
- Uitenhage and Despatch Water Interruptions - 29 August 2018
- Ironman delegation happy ahead of Ironman 70.3 World Championship - 29 August 2018
- Mayor Bobani on the 2018 Isuzu IRONMAN 70.3 World Championship - 28 August 2018