Port Elizabeth: A 22- year-old alleged business robbery suspect was arrested yesterday morning, by members of the Motherwell Cluster Serious and Violent Crime Investigation team.
It is alleged that on Friday, 27 December 2019 at about 17:30, the security guard was standing at the door of a liquor store in Umnulu Street NU 9 in Motherwell when he was pointed with a firearm by an unknown male. The guard was ushered into the store where four other males also entered. Cash from the tills and expensive bottles of whiskey (about R10 000 worth) were taken from the shelves. The suspects then fled the store and drove off in a Mazda 323.
The Mazda 323 was found abandoned this morning in Motherwell. Further information led investigators to the suspect who was arrested at about 10:15. He is detained on a charge of business robbery and further arrests are expected.
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- 24 February’s Loadshedding Menu of Darkness – Stage NONE - 24 February 2020
- Birds, Sardines, Predators, Money for the Bay - 24 February 2020
- Patient evacuation off ship - 24 February 2020
- #12 Jordan Koekemoer gets a bit of love - 24 February 2020
- #RugbyThatRocks #MadibazThatDisappoint - 23 February 2020