Minister of Communications Ms Faith Muthambi will spend a day with learners, parents and teachers from the Moretele Local Municipal area in the North West to showcase career opportunities available to young people within the field of Information and Communication Technologies (ICT).
The minister’s visit, set for the 12th of March 2017, comes on the back of President Jacob Zuma’s call for government to priorities policies and activities that broaden the participation of black people as well as women and the youth, in the ICT sector.
“This is an opportunity to put into action President Zuma’s vision of ensuring that young people remain within the education system until they complete their studies and that they are given exposure to career opportunities within the ICT sector,” said Muthambi.
Five entities that report to the Department of Communications namely; ICASA, SABC, the Film and Publication Board, MDDA, and Brand SA, will be in attendance to showcase career opportunities within their respective fields.
“ICT has played a central role in young people’s rise to prominence globally. It has helped them mobilize for their own issues and collaborate within one another. It has also given them a voice where there was none before and we want to encourage that at each and every opportunity,” she added.
Details for the event are as follows:
Date: Sunday, 12th March 2017
Venue: Lefatlheng Sports Ground (Next to Roman Church)
Distributed by APO on behalf of Republic of South Africa: Department of Government Communication and Information.
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- Cops seize fong kong goods! – Port Elizabeth in the News - 21 November 2019
- Portfolio committee on Public Enterprises welcomes Eskom roadmap to reform – Port Elizabeth Business News - 20 November 2019
- Giants and Blitz seek to keep MSL momentum going – Port Elizabeth in the News - 20 November 2019
- Uitenhage News: Meet the accountant of the future - 20 November 2019
- Support Small Business in the Biggest Way Possible this Festive Season. Shop There. – MyPR.co.za - 20 November 2019