The Minister of Social Development, Ms Bathabile Dlamini, invites members of the media to the launch of Disability Rights Awareness Month (DRAM2016) on Thursday, November 03, 2016, in Gauteng Province.
This year, the launch will be held under theme, “Persons with disabilities – Equal participants in shaping a sustainable future.”
Disability Rights Awareness Month takes place annually from November 03 to December 03 to promote human and socio-economic rights of persons with disabilities.
As part of the launch, the Department will handover Accessible Multi-Media Centre for deaf and blind learners and there will also be hand-on demonstration on how assistive technology assists people with disabilities to communicate.
Cabinet approved the White Paper on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities in December last year. The White Paper seeks to accelerate transformation and redress existing inequalities among persons with disabilities through inclusive programmes. This can be attained if all stakeholders work together with government to advance the living conditions of persons with disabilities and restore their dignity.
Members of the media are invited to attend and cover the launch of Disability Rights Awareness Month planned as follows:
Date: Thursday, 03 November 2016
Venue: Sibonile School for the Visually Impaired, Plot 33, Garthview Road, Meyerton – Gauteng Province
Enquires: Ms Lumka Oliphant on 083 484 8067 or email@example.com
Distributed by APO on behalf of Republic of South Africa: Department of Government Communication and Information.
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- 4 Bedroom House to Rent in Lovemore Heights – Port Elizabeth in the News - 13 November 2019
- Pitso Mosimane says he is not losing any sleep over Kaizer Chiefs – Port Elizabeth Business News - 12 November 2019
- Mantis brings back top Lilizela Awards – MyPR.co.za - 12 November 2019
- Black Business Caucus leader and friend shot dead outside his home in Port Elizabeth – Port Elizabeth in the News - 12 November 2019
- Tim Before The Win – Team Sailing League Regatta - 12 November 2019