It will also create ward based community dialogues on the HIV, Aids and TB. In these dialogues communities will openly discuss and share information in relation to HIV and Aids. At the launch it was revealed that Ward 5 (Port Elizabeth Central), Ward 58 (Motherwell), Ward 4 (Walmer) are the leading wards in HIV prevalence across the City.
According to the Nelson Mandela Bay Municipality HIV and Aids office the prevalence rate at, Ward 58 is at 23%, Ward 5 is at 26% and Ward 4 is at 15%. Prevalence is a statistical concept referring to the number of cases of a disease that are present in a particular population at a given time.
Latest posts by NMB Communications (see all)
- Planned maintenance at the Lorraine electricity substation to continue - 24 October 2019
- Three Bay beaches retain coveted Blue Flag status and two more in pilot phase - 24 October 2019
- Broken windows theory the motivation behind cohesive clean-up campaign - 20 October 2019
- Mayor Appeals to Residents - 30 September 2019
- Rapid capture of rapist following law enforcement collaboration - 26 September 2019