The NHBRC must urgently provide a long-outstanding Report into the failed NU29 housing project.
The report should detail a full analysis of the 730 units, of which 162 are deteriorating despite the NHBRC having certified their construction.
For over six months the Municipality has waited for progress or some form of movement from the NHBRC.
While this debacle occurred under our predecessors’ shambolic governance, this coalition government is set on seeing the matter finalised.
Our primary focus is the eradication of corruption and the delivery of dignified housing opportunities.
Having provided construction certification for the NU29 Housing project, the NHBRC should at the very least explain why so many of the structures are collapsing.
The Metro is taking legal action against the NHBRC to compel the institution to produce a report and take appropriate action, where required.
— Kris (@KristoffDJ) November 9, 2017
Latest posts by NMB Communications (see all)
- Some services affected as municipal strike continues - 16 June 2018
- R35 Million Street Lighting Project Creates Safe City in Nelson Mandela Bay - 16 June 2018
- Corruption is the root of all evil - 9 June 2018
- Call for Volunteers as Mayoral Animal Care Movement Kicks Off - 29 May 2018
- EC celebrates Africa Day - 25 May 2018