The NHBRC must urgently provide a long-outstanding Report into the failed NU29 housing project.
The report should detail a full analysis of the 730 units, of which 162 are deteriorating despite the NHBRC having certified their construction.
For over six months the Municipality has waited for progress or some form of movement from the NHBRC.
While this debacle occurred under our predecessors’ shambolic governance, this coalition government is set on seeing the matter finalised.
Our primary focus is the eradication of corruption and the delivery of dignified housing opportunities.
Having provided construction certification for the NU29 Housing project, the NHBRC should at the very least explain why so many of the structures are collapsing.
The Metro is taking legal action against the NHBRC to compel the institution to produce a report and take appropriate action, where required.
— Kris (@KristoffDJ) November 9, 2017
Latest posts by NMB Communications (see all)
- Fight against illegal dumping strengthened with launch of specialised vehicles - 22 February 2018
- Uitenhage Enterprise Development Centre - 16 February 2018
- Listeria bacteria are not present in the Municipality’s drinking water sources - 15 February 2018
- Major international boost for Nelson Mandela Bay - 14 February 2018
- Third Avenue Dip, Newton Park Early Warning System Launched - 13 February 2018