Since February 2018, MediRite pharmacies located in Shoprite and Checkers supermarkets across South Africa, have been offering free wellness screenings to senior citizens aged 60 and older on the first Wednesday of every month.
To create awareness around the free service, MediRite Bethelsdorp (located within Shoprite Bethelsdorp) recently visited Bethelsdorp Old Age Home.
The check-ups done included blood sugar, cholesterol, blood pressure and body mass index (BMI) tests.
To take advantage of this free service, pensioners are urged to make an appointment at their local MediRite pharmacy and need to produce their green identity books when doing so.
Author: Angelique Wagner
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- England have a chance to turn ‘cursed’ South Africa tour into landmark series win – Port Elizabeth in the News - 24 January 2020
- South African Police Service – Port Elizabeth Business News - 23 January 2020
- Root excited by prospect of England’s ‘relentless barrage of pace’ – Port Elizabeth in the News - 23 January 2020
- Madibaz target strong performance in Varsity Shield – MyPR.co.za - 23 January 2020
- Security guards on strike in Mpumalanga after province fails to pay – News from GroundUp - 23 January 2020