Since February 2018, MediRite pharmacies located in Shoprite and Checkers supermarkets across South Africa, have been offering free wellness screenings to senior citizens aged 60 and older on the first Wednesday of every month.
To create awareness around the free service, MediRite Bethelsdorp (located within Shoprite Bethelsdorp) recently visited Bethelsdorp Old Age Home.
The check-ups done included blood sugar, cholesterol, blood pressure and body mass index (BMI) tests.
To take advantage of this free service, pensioners are urged to make an appointment at their local MediRite pharmacy and need to produce their green identity books when doing so.
Author: Angelique Wagner
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- Tammy Bailes – Team Sailing League Regatta - 20 October 2019
- Additional power generating units expected to return to service – Eskom – Port Elizabeth in the News - 20 October 2019
- Jim Foot – Team Sailing League Regatta - 20 October 2019
- Uitenhage News: Operation ‘Gijima Tsotsi’ takes charge in Humansdorp and Uitenhage Clusters - 20 October 2019
- 3 Bedroom House for Sale in Perridgevale – Port Elizabeth in the News - 20 October 2019