Members of the media are invited to a media briefing that will follow the meeting between the Minister of Trade and Industry, Dr Rob Davies and his Zimbabwean counterpart Mr Mike Bimha.
DATE : Thursday, 4 August 2016
TIME : 12H30
VENUE: the dti Campus, Sunnyside
The consultation between the two ministers is aimed at finding an amicable resolution to the measures implemented by Zimbabwe on products of export interest to South Africa. It will also seek to ensure compliance with Zimbabwe's commitments under the World Trade Organisation and the Southern African Development Community Trade Protocol. The ministers will in their discussions take into account Zimbabwe’s industrial development and balance of payments challenges.
This meeting follows previous bilateral engagements that the two ministers held in recent months. It also follows the meeting at senior officials’ level between the two countries which took place on 20 July 2016.
RSVPs should be directed to Tshilidzi Madinani via email: TMadinani@thedti.gov.za or telephone on 079 879 5524.
Distributed by APO on behalf of The Department of Trade and Industry, South Africa.
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- Mthatha News: 2 Foreign Nationals To Appear In Court For Kidnapping EC Businessman - 21 May 2019
- Uitenhage News: Hundreds of Uitenhage residents queue for houses - 20 May 2019
- Queenstown Girls’ High land SPAR hockey title – MyPR.co.za - 20 May 2019
- Woodridge hold off Collegiate in hockey thriller – MyPR.co.za - 20 May 2019
- PE Business News: Manufacturing Indaba Eastern Cape hosts breakfast presentations - 20 May 2019