It is not a bold statement when I say, ‘rising carbon emissions and the resultant effects of global warming to our environment are worrying concerns and drastic measures need to be taken to decrease the rate at which we are experiencing this phenomenon.’
I believe that the majority of society will agree with me on the above, global warming is nothing new.
But what has been done about making a concerted effort to achieve such a feat…
Many businesses have emerged offering consumers ‘green’ products. Large corporations publicise their efforts in recycling their waste paper, researcher’s pioneer efficient processes and technologies and a few households have changed their geysers to solar power.
To further reduce our carbon emissions, by individuals, households and businesses, requires greater adoption of change.
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- Government pays R2.6 billion bonus to millionaire managers - 15 November 2019
- Church speaks out on sex education - 15 November 2019
- Toddlers abandoned in room for almost five days – News from GroundUp - 15 November 2019
- SAA flights largely grounded, millions of rand to be lost as workers strike over wages – Port Elizabeth Business News - 15 November 2019
- Elephant seal arrival has Eastern Cape marine biologists baffled – Port Elizabeth in the News - 15 November 2019