It is not a bold statement when I say, ‘rising carbon emissions and the resultant effects of global warming to our environment are worrying concerns and drastic measures need to be taken to decrease the rate at which we are experiencing this phenomenon.’
I believe that the majority of society will agree with me on the above, global warming is nothing new.
But what has been done about making a concerted effort to achieve such a feat…
Many businesses have emerged offering consumers ‘green’ products. Large corporations publicise their efforts in recycling their waste paper, researcher’s pioneer efficient processes and technologies and a few households have changed their geysers to solar power.
To further reduce our carbon emissions, by individuals, households and businesses, requires greater adoption of change.
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- Bhisho news: Paramedics protest in Bhisho - 22 June 2018
- Uitenhage in the news: Chaos in Uitenhage as angry residents demand housing repairs - 22 June 2018
- Grahamstown in the news: Positive Behaviour for Learning for Port Stephens - 22 June 2018
- PE in the news: Klate among names in Wits, Chippa swap deals - 22 June 2018
- Mandela University hosts colloquium highlighting role of the Arts in ocean sciences - 22 June 2018