(East London) – Mdantsane’s up-and-coming young singers, dancers and radio presenters will have their shot at the spotlight in the TruTalent Search hosted by Mdantsane City shopping mall and TruFM during National Youth Month.
Auditions for the ninth edition of this annual talent search competition will start at 9am this coming Saturday (June 18) in the mall’s main Food Court, where participants will perform for a captive audience of weekend shoppers and a panel of four judges.
Mdantsane City marketing manager Wendy Zitha said the competition had proved immensely popular since its inception in 2008 and that performance categories had been whittled down over the years to music, dance and radio presenting, as these had proved most popular with contestants and audiences alike.
“Traditionally held in Youth Month, the TruTalent Search gives our youngsters a positive platform to showcase their talents and to keep them off the streets, where they are exposed to many negative and harmful influences.”
According to Census figures, almost 36% of Mdantsane’s more than 200 000 residents is under the age of 20.
“This is our opportunity to contribute to the community by showing the youth that we care and are helping them to do what they love,” said Zitha, adding that there would be no age limit for singers and dancers but that the radio presenting category would only be open to those aged between 15 and 34 years.
She said performers should bring their choice of music on either CD or USB drive and come dressed in show-stopping style this weekend.
Contestants who impress the judges in each category will go through to the finals on Saturday, June 25, when they stand to win their share of R10 000 in prize money.
Source: Eastern Cape – MyPR.
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- Algoa Bay Week 1981 Waterfight – Algoa Bay - 25 March 2019
- Bhisho News: Money Spell Caster +27787917167 in SOUTH AFRICA,UAE,UK,USA,Qatar,Belgium,SASOLBURG,SEBOKENG,MAYTON,vanderbijlpark,alberton,nairobi,East London Tembisa - 25 March 2019
- Grahamstown News: Grahamstown faces daily 14-hour power cuts due to R90-million Eskom debt - 25 March 2019
- Algoa Bay Week 1981 – Algoa Bay - 25 March 2019
- PE Business News: Rumble Africa Promotions to host boxing tournament in E Cape - 25 March 2019