This image is from the MyPE Editor’s Flickr Account – offering some topical daily images from a phone smarter than Alan, occasional images from a DSLR and scanned images of Port Elizabeth as he wanders around the Bay pretending to know a lot and sometimes succeeding in making a complete hash of it!
Image by awstraton
On the left is Markham House, later the Hope Hotel, kept by Mrs Hunt then by Scorey. Next to it is JH Chabaud’s house, then Captain Evatt’s residence with the old Court House, St Mary’s Church and School. The central garden extending down to the Baaken’s River belonged to the Hotel.
This image is randomly selected from an ever growing repository of publicly available images taken in and around Port Elizabeth.
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- Anti-Gang Unit in the Eastern Cape continue seizing firearms in the Northern areas, Port Elizabeth – Port Elizabeth in the News - 22 August 2019
- Commercial Property for Sale in Cotswold – Port Elizabeth Business News - 22 August 2019
- POPS deployed to University Fort Hare as students loot and burn – Port Elizabeth in the News - 22 August 2019
- How a school garden is feeding young minds and stomachs - 22 August 2019
- Yster Baard - 22 August 2019