Today’s posts from our featured Port Elizabeth Blogger:
Many Funerals and a Wedding:
Ten years three months Ill
I’ve given up on counting the number of funerals. The last one was Ingrid’s, and since then Merle Finlay passed away and Andre Fourie.
Merle is the mother of Lauren Rushmere (Nee Finlay) and wife of Trevor – we spent many hours watching rugby on the new Grey Pavilion this last year.
Andre was my landlord when I first moved to PE in 1984. Steve and I were in Heleshoogte together, then I boarded with Steve in Lakeside when I was doing military service at Youngsfield and then moved in with Steves folks in PE when I started at Grey and before I moved into Meriway hostel where Ingrid and Anton lived for some 25 years!
The Lunnon, Scholtz, Southwood names run deep through the education channels of The Grey and Collegiate Schools.
But this weekend we are back in the Camdeboo. It’s party time! It’s wedding time at Tandjiesview.
So we spent the night at Springbuck Lodge with The Parkes’s (Eddie and Margie)and move to the wedding venue later today.
I’m sitting on the stoep drinking my first cup of coffee. A goat is chowing the front lawn and a springbok ambles by in the veld. The blue hazy mountains in the distance look out over the dark brown dry plains of the Camdeboo. It is even drier than usual in the semi-desert of the plains of Africa. We urgently need rain. We need water.
But tonight we drink beer. We celebrate the first of the Harris weddings … With the next to follow in April.
The Watermeyer lineage replaces the many funerals.
The circle of life …
Source: BrainStorms – Ed Lunnon’s Blog.
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- Kevin Peraza Wins Best Trick Event with Never-Been-Done 180 Backflip Tailwhip over a spine. – MyPR.co.za - 23 August 2019
- 16 Bedroom Apartment / Flat for Sale in Port Elizabeth Central – Port Elizabeth in the News - 23 August 2019
- Commercial Property for Sale in Cotswold – Port Elizabeth Business News - 22 August 2019
- Spring special at Dempsey’s Guest House – Featured Blog - 22 August 2019
- ACSA creates wheelchair-friendly options at PE airport – MyPR.co.za - 22 August 2019