Nelson Mandela University student, Ettienne Minnaar, recently took first prize – twice – at a meeting of the Microscopy Society of America, Microscopy and Microanalysis 2017, held in St Louis, Missouri.
Minnaar had been invited to attend the conference by renowned physicist, Dr Nester Zaluzec, from Argonne National Laboratory in the USA. Dr Zaluzec, a friend of the Centre for High Resolution Transmission Electron Microscopy (HRTEM), is best known as the inventor of the Scanning Confocal Electron Microscope.
Source: News Latest News.
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- Which SOE Last Made a Profit in 2011? - 12 November 2019
- Detective shortages, training in EC must be prioritised - 12 November 2019
- E-Visa pilot system - 12 November 2019
- Leeuwkop prisoner says officials gave him electric shocks in showers – News from GroundUp - 12 November 2019
- South African Aberdare Cables seeks to supply Nigeria with quality cables and transformers – Port Elizabeth Business News - 12 November 2019