The first Ward 17 (New Brighton) Mandela Month School’s Debate will take place at the Small Centenary Hall on Friday the 24th of July. The event is part of a series of Mandela Month activities supported by the MBDA. The first of these activities was the free Route 67 tour and charity drive on Friday the 17th.
Three schools from Ward 17 – Phillip Nikiwe, Stephen Mazungula and Lamani Primary schools – will debate the life and times of Tata Nelson Mandela, his values and struggles for freedom. The debate is a collaboration between the ward councillor, Cllr Ncediso Captain, the three Primary schools and the MBDA. The partners have pulled resources to organise this event in recognition of Nelson Mandela’s love for children.
In preparing for the debate, the three schools were each provided with learning material including videos and a biography of Nelson Mandela. Each school will field 25 scholars with 5 participating in the debate at a time. The debate is scheduled to start at 10am at the Small Centenary (Nangoza Jebe) Hall. The programme will finish at 12h00.
All are welcome to attend.
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- Elephants Trampled by Western Province - 22 April 2018
- Greening the Port of Port Elizabeth with Solar - 22 April 2018
- Desert Diamond crew member transferred - 22 April 2018
- Black triumphs in toughest Indian Ocean swim in the world - 21 April 2018
- And we are back on the North End Lake for the ABYC Interclub - 21 April 2018