Ian Gray, NSRI Port Elizabeth station commander, said:
At 19h20, Saturday, 27th January, NSRI Port Elizabeth duty crew were activated to assist at a Monrovia registered ship Blue Marlin One, at anchorage off-shore of the Port of Ngqura, following reports of a man overboard.
A male, reported to be a local 43 year old man and a Sherriff of the Court had been transported to the ship by a Transnet National Ports Authority (TNPA) Pilot Boat where while boarding the ship he had reportedly fallen into the water before being rescued by the ships crew and reports of CPR (Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation) efforts in progress were received.
NSRI Port Elizabeth crew accompanied by an EC Government Health EMS rescue were transported to the ship by a TNPA Pilot Boat and despite extensive CPR efforts the man has sadly been declared deceased.
The ship has been brought into Port where Police have opened an inquest docket and the body of the deceased man has been taken into the care of the Forensic Pathology Services.
Condolences are conveyed to family, friends and colleagues.
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- In Case You Failed to Notice - 22 October 2019
- Robin Peterson appointed as Warriors Interim Head Coach - 22 October 2019
- Don’t let cybercriminals intercept your real estate transactions - 22 October 2019
- Décor Blinds and Shades - 22 October 2019
- Eskom seeks R207 million - 22 October 2019