Preparations for the Special Official Funeral of the former Minister of Sport and Recreation and former Premier of the Eastern Cape Province, the late Reverend Arnold Makhenkesi Stofile, are at an advanced stage.
The Inter-Ministerial Committee on State Funerals, chaired by the Minister in the Presidency for Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation, Jeff Radebe, is leading the planning and execution of the Special Official Funeral with the Eastern Cape Provincial Government.
On Monday, the official Special Memorial Service was held for Reverend Stofile at the Abbortsford Christian Centre, in East London, where tributes continued to pour in for the late South African Ambassador to Germany.
The Special Official Funeral will take place on Thursday at the sports complex of the University of Fort Hare, in Alice, where Reverend Stofile was a student, became a lecturer and later became the chancellor until the time of his passing on Monday.
Deputy President Cyril Ramaphosa will deliver the eulogy at the funeral replacing President Jacob Zuma who will be travelling to Nairobi in Kenya to participate in the 6th Summit of the Tokyo International Conference on African Development (TICAD VI).
President Zuma has again extended his deepest condolences to the Stofile family. – SAnews.gov.za
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- 11.3% increase in revenue for Transnet - 20 August 2018
- Bay’s first ‘edu-entrepreneurship’ hub kicks off - 20 August 2018
- NASA Astronaut to Land in Port Elizabeth in September - 20 August 2018
- Landowners urged to join fight to increase run-off to dams amid crippling drought - 20 August 2018
- 5 Savings Strategy Tips - 20 August 2018