Magnetic Storm has brought 10 high-powered lasers to Port Elizabeth to put on the biggest laser show the city has ever seen as part of the People’s Port Festival hosted by the Transnet National Ports Authority (TNPA).
Happening this weekend, the 10-minute laser show will be using a myriad of surfaces throughout the port and will include logos and images in celebration of Nelson Mandela’s centenary.
Hired from Johannesburg-based LaserX, Magnetic Storm is using water, various vessels and the port structures to put on what is set to be the biggest laser show ever seen in Port Elizabeth.
“Over the years our city has enjoyed many great firework displays and we wanted to bring an experience that is unique!” remarks Magnetic Storm CEO, Glenn van Eck. “Using technology in a creative way to form a memorable experience for event attendees is what we’re all about, and it’s a great way to draw the crowds’ eye to the different elements of the port. And of course, it adds a new dimension to the People’s Port Festival to make it bigger and better than 2017.”
Catch the laser show at 8:15pm on December 1st, just before Brucie and Heavy, for more information visit the People’s Port Festival Facebook Page.
Author: Kimberley Clare Nanson
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- Ponzi scheme operator sentenced to 15-years for theft of millions – Port Elizabeth Business News - 17 October 2019
- AluLine Washing Lines – Fold Down – Port Elizabeth in the News - 17 October 2019
- Nelson Mandela Bay is now a lawless “gangster state” - 17 October 2019
- Team Sailing League 12 October 2019 – Rhodes University - 17 October 2019
- Nelson Mandela Bay council meeting to oust Bobani cancelled amid ‘imminent threats’ – Port Elizabeth in the News - 17 October 2019