Former President Mandela is responding very well to medication and treatment and continues to be visited by close family and relatives.
The South African National Defence Force Surgeon General, Veejay Ramlakan, said the 92-year-old statesman would continue to receive close monitoring and 24-hour care from a team of specialists.
In a statement released on Sunday, Ramlakan said Mandela had had a restful and peaceful Saturday evening.
Mandela was discharged from Milpark Hospital on Friday after spending two nights there. He had been diagnosed with an acute respiratory infection. Acting President Kgalema Motlanthe visited Mandela at home on Saturday where he was reportedly doing well.
“At the conclusion of the visit, Mr Motlanthe said President Mandela was doing very well, in good spirits and resting. Mr Mandela told Acting President Motlanthe that he was pleased to be back at home and spending quality time with his loved ones,” said a statement. – BuaNews
Click HERE – Twitterverse: to see what the twits are saying about Nelson Mandela.
Read on for what the Blogosphere is saying about Nelson Mandela today:
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- 19 Inches – When Size Counts - 9 December 2019
- Update: 9 December Loadshedding Menu of Darkness – Stage 4 - 9 December 2019
- Police Seek Missing 7-year-old boy - 9 December 2019
- PE Cops turning the tide on crime - 9 December 2019
- 8 December 2019 Loadshedding Menu of Darkness – Stage 2 - 9 December 2019