Finca, originally from Butterworth, fell in love with karate after seeing his uncle train and compete. At a very young age he convinced his mother to let him pursue his dream and moved to East London to live and train with his uncle.
When he was 15 his family moved to Port Elizabeth where he continued his training.
In 2007 he enrolled at NMMU to study electrical engineering and joined the university‘s karate club. Within a year he had become the Madibaz karate club’s senior instructor and chairperson, and under his leadership the club has won the University Sport South Africa (USSA) championships for six consecutive years.
Date: November 18, 2015 17:07
Click here for more: MyPE Images – MyPE (Latest images)
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- PE Business News: Ford Begins Vehicle Exports From Port Elizabeth To Europe - 21 April 2019
- Bhisho News: Driver arrested at scene of fatal accident in George - 21 April 2019
- Uitenhage News: Makita concrete cutter - 21 April 2019
- Mthatha News: WSU secures interdict amid chaos in Mthatha - 20 April 2019
- PE Business News: Atlas assists public during citizen’s arrest in PE - 20 April 2019