Turning the sod for the foundations of the new R3,5-million Loyiso Day Care Centre are, from the left: Nomathemba Kela (Chairperson of the NLC Charities Distribution Agency), Prof Ntshengedzeni Alfred Nevhutanda. (Chairperson of the Board of the National Lotteries Commission, NLC); Nonkoliseko Mbewu (principal and founder of Loyiso Day Care Centre); Charlotte Mampane (NLC Commissioner); Nosipho Nkalitshana (Regional Manager of Early Childhood Development (ECDs) in the Provincial Department of Social Development); and Nkululeko Nxesi, a member of the NLC Distributing Agency.
The Loyiso Daycare Centre and the other successful applicants in the Eastern Cape were selected from nearly 5 000 applications received from early childhood development projects around the country after a call for proposals by the NLC to support its commitment to invest in early childhood development initiatives.
According to Prof Ntshengedzeni Alfred Nevhutanda, chairperson of the NLC board, the Eastern Cape was allocated R64 million. At16 per cent of the budget this is the second-largest share after the Free State.
Date: November 16, 2015 07:11
Click here for more: MyPE Images – MyPE (Latest images)
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- The Lottery and the missing minstrel museum – News from GroundUp - 22 February 2020
- Agar takes hat-trick as Australia hammer South Africa in first T20 – Port Elizabeth Business News - 22 February 2020
- The Australian spinner highlighted that he aspires to become someone like India’s Ravindra Jadeja. – Port Elizabeth in the News - 22 February 2020
- Cricket-Agar hat-trick helps Australia thrash S.Africa in first T20 – Port Elizabeth in the News - 22 February 2020
- Port Elizabeth: Woman arrested for possession of suspected stolen motorcycles – Port Elizabeth Business News - 21 February 2020