Celebrated Eastern Cape artists Louwrens Westraad and Mxolisi “Dolla” Sapeta sit on the traffic circle at the end of Walker Drive upon which their winning design, ujiva, will be built. The massive 7m tall and 7.5m wide public sculpture will be one of the tallest in the Bay region.
Work on the massive sculpture will start early next year. It will be positioned on the new traffic circle at the end of Sherwood’s Walker Drive, near to Baywest Mall and the new off-ramp to the N2 freeway.
Acclaimed artist duo, Mxolisi ‘Dolla’ Sapeta and Louwrens Westraad, were awarded first place in a Baywest urban art competition
Date: November 18, 2015 14:20
Click here for more: MyPE Images – MyPE (Latest images)
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- Shots fired following armed robbery at House and Home warehouse in Port Elizabeth – Port Elizabeth Business News - 23 August 2019
- Shots fired following armed robbery at House and Home warehouse in Port Elizabeth – Port Elizabeth in the News - 23 August 2019
- Uitenhage News: South Africa: Small-Scale Farmers Demand Access to Land - 23 August 2019
- Kevin Peraza Wins Best Trick Event with Never-Been-Done 180 Backflip Tailwhip over a spine. – MyPR.co.za - 23 August 2019
- 16 Bedroom Apartment / Flat for Sale in Port Elizabeth Central – Port Elizabeth in the News - 23 August 2019