Celebrated Eastern Cape artists Louwrens Westraad and Mxolisi “Dolla” Sapeta sit on the traffic circle at the end of Walker Drive upon which their winning design, ujiva, will be built. The massive 7m tall and 7.5m wide public sculpture will be one of the tallest in the Bay region.
Work on the massive sculpture will start early next year. It will be positioned on the new traffic circle at the end of Sherwood’s Walker Drive, near to Baywest Mall and the new off-ramp to the N2 freeway.
Acclaimed artist duo, Mxolisi ‘Dolla’ Sapeta and Louwrens Westraad, were awarded first place in a Baywest urban art competition
Date: November 18, 2015 14:20
Click here for more: MyPE Images – MyPE (Latest images)
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- This is orange – Port Elizabeth - 24 May 2019
- Addo Dungbeetle Tours – Cheetah Kill [video] - 24 May 2019
- Why BLI Supports NMB’s bid for The Ocean Race – #TheOceanRaceinNMB - 24 May 2019
- Ironman 2019 – Happy Runner - 24 May 2019
- Bhisho News: Eastern Cape opposition parties urge Mabuyane to prioritise job creation - 24 May 2019