The Nelson Mandela Bay Municipality is experiencing multiple shutdowns at various Water treatment Works as well as large Pump stations daily due to Load shedding. The extended shutdown duration of stage 4 load shedding makes it impossible to recuperate storage as there simply aren’t enough pumping hours left in the day.
This issue was further compounded by 2 separate breakdowns experienced on the supply system, however teams are busy with repairs.
We urgently call on all consumers within NMBM to reduce consumption drastically to avoid areas from experiencing interruptions in supply.
The following supply areas are at highest risk of being affected:
- Parts of Walmer
- Walmer Downs
- Mangold Park
- Glen Hurd
- Newton Park
- Parts of Cotsworld
- Parts of Schauderville
- Mill Park
- Parts of Central
- Mount Croix
- Greenbushes industrial area
- Rowallen park
- St Albans
- General Ibhayi area
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- Accounting Camp - 18 June 2019
- National Advanced Manufacturing Innovation Awards to be presented in PE - 18 June 2019
- SEDA Pitch and Perfect Roadshow - 18 June 2019
- Ironman 2020 Date Released - 18 June 2019
- Surf the Crest (Safely) with a ‘Top Secret’ Electric Cruising Catamaran - 17 June 2019