Linda estimates the additional monthly maintenance and cleaning costs on this asset, as the result of the manganese ore, to be in the region of R3000.00 per month.
The cost of accelerated wear and tear over the life of Linda’s asset is estimated to be: R100000.00.
Linda has this to say about the Manganese Ore pollution from the Port of Port Elizabeth; “The fine dust blows directly onto our guest house and leaves a lot of black ore on everything from the exterior of the building and the carpets and curtains. Also staff and management that spend a lot of time there would also suffer health issues.”
See other comments here: Manganese ore – Just Say No.
Tell us how YOU are affected by the Manganese Ore below:
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- Four firearms recovered in separate incidents in the Northern Areas: Port Elizabeth – Port Elizabeth in the News - 17 November 2019
- Duck – Team Sailing League Regatta - 17 November 2019
- Rhodes Women – Team Sailing League Regatta - 17 November 2019
- Road safety awareness rolled out to communities: Port Elizabeth – Port Elizabeth Business News - 17 November 2019
- PE woman shot and killed in city’s northern areas – Port Elizabeth in the News - 17 November 2019