Linda estimates the additional monthly maintenance and cleaning costs on this asset, as the result of the manganese ore, to be in the region of R3000.00 per month.
The cost of accelerated wear and tear over the life of Linda’s asset is estimated to be: R100000.00.
Linda has this to say about the Manganese Ore pollution from the Port of Port Elizabeth; “The fine dust blows directly onto our guest house and leaves a lot of black ore on everything from the exterior of the building and the carpets and curtains. Also staff and management that spend a lot of time there would also suffer health issues.”
See other comments here: Manganese ore – Just Say No.
Tell us how YOU are affected by the Manganese Ore below:
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- 17 Bedroom House for Sale in Port Elizabeth Central – Port Elizabeth in the News - 18 September 2019
- The FIA World Rallycross Championship Heads For Exciting Finish In Cape Town In November – MyPR.co.za - 17 September 2019
- Mob killings plague Port Elizabeth – Port Elizabeth in the News - 17 September 2019
- NMB Employment Equity plan falls short, could result in R1.5-million fine - 17 September 2019
- Navigating triple eStrategy to success – Port Elizabeth Business News - 17 September 2019