Linda estimates the additional monthly maintenance and cleaning costs on this asset, as the result of the manganese ore, to be in the region of R3000.00 per month.
The cost of accelerated wear and tear over the life of Linda’s asset is estimated to be: R100000.00.
Linda has this to say about the Manganese Ore pollution from the Port of Port Elizabeth; “The fine dust blows directly onto our guest house and leaves a lot of black ore on everything from the exterior of the building and the carpets and curtains. Also staff and management that spend a lot of time there would also suffer health issues.”
See other comments here: Manganese ore – Just Say No.
Tell us how YOU are affected by the Manganese Ore below:
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- PE Business News: Stacey Webb – Executive Director, Sustainable Seas Trust - 23 July 2019
- Headhunters ranked Eastern Cape’s top recruitment agency by PMR Africa – MyPR.co.za - 23 July 2019
- Mthatha News: Police probe triple murder after grandmother, grandchildren killed in blaze - 22 July 2019
- King Williams Town News: 3 Bedroom Townhouse for Sale in King Williams Town Central - 22 July 2019
- Uitenhage News: 3 Bedroom House for Sale in Uitenhage Central - 22 July 2019