As much as the Nelson Mandela Bay Municipality’s Recreational BUDGET is limited, it would however be awesome if the Council could urge the citizens of this Metro and beyond to Crowd-Fund the overhaul of the Brighton Beach Pier.
With reference to reports of the bingeing lifeguards, one must remember that they know too well that the Brighton Beach is the Cinderella of Algoa Bay’s beaches, hence going rogue with their and other people’s lives.
The current eyesore Brighton Beach Pier should be torn down and a Horse-shoe (U-shaped) type built so that people could also watch Ships at the Port of Nqurha on their left, from the open sea at front and Port Elizabeth Wharf on their right hand sides when standing in the middle of that Innovative pier.
A Bank Account (and Donation Boxes at Municipal Buildings) could be opened so that this Crowd-funding could be more effective as not many people are Tech-savvy to Donate on-line. The nearby Algorax factory (still known as Carbon Black to people of New Brighton), Shoprite Warehouse, Transnet Freight Rail yard and the Bluewater Bay community could be roped in to give this project “Credibility” as South Africa is the MOST Status-conscious Nation on Earth.
Luyanda Marlon Kama
Kwa-Dwesi, Port Elizabeth.
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- Repairs Completed Ahead of Schedule - 26 March 2019
- Required Reading for Cape Town People - 26 March 2019
- Garden Court Relaunch - 26 March 2019
- Consumers cautioned against sacrificing insurance to offset looming financial pinch - 26 March 2019
- There’s an energy revolution happening in villages and towns across Africa - 26 March 2019