From the Pen of Stag Mitchell:
I don’t care whether the Springboks Victory Tour bypassed Kwanobuhle Township in Port Elizabeth!!!!!!
I care less whether the Springboks Victory Tour Bus detoured the Nelson Mandela Bay Stadium!!!!!
Whether your touched Motherwell Township twice, paid homage to Rassie Erasmus Bok Coach home Despatch!!!!!!!!
Whether you brought respect to Bok Captain Siya Kolisi Zwide home!!!!!!!
But when you deliberately avoids the entire Coloured community from the Springbok Victory Tour Bus with such disrespect, I must speak….and speak now!!!!!!
When thousands upon thousands of Bok supporters gathered at Four Way Uitenhage since the dawn of day….I must speak… and speak now!!!!!!!
When thousands upon thousands lined the streets of Standford Road Northern Areas of Port Elizabeth since 9 am in drizzle of rainfall….I must speak….someone must speak…and speak now!!!!!!
When politicians and political parties fall silence, when it was this very silent voice which drummed political barkings of glorification claims of victory….I must speak….and speak now!!!!!!!
SA Rugby Management, The Nelson Mandela Bay Council and Political Parties….You Failed Us….You Failed The People of The Northern Areas of Uitenhage and Port Elizabeth!!!!!!!
You Do Not Deserve Our Vote…Nor Do You Deserve Our Support!!!!!!
It Is About Time For Our United Voices To Be Heard!!!!!
It’s sad because Rosedale and northern areas is the strong hold of all Blacks and snubbing them made them the laughing stock
— tobani (@tobani15312820) November 10, 2019
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- SAFA to announce R74 million loss – Port Elizabeth Business News - 5 December 2019
- Alleged rapist who went ‘missing’ after bail- arrested at PE harbour – Port Elizabeth in the News - 5 December 2019
- Intimidation of NMB audit team - 5 December 2019
- EC Municipalities debt to Eskom surpasses the Billion-rand mark - 5 December 2019
- Criminal elements in Education Department must be rooted out - 5 December 2019