From the Pen of Stag Mitchell:
I don’t care whether the Springboks Victory Tour bypassed Kwanobuhle Township in Port Elizabeth!!!!!!
I care less whether the Springboks Victory Tour Bus detoured the Nelson Mandela Bay Stadium!!!!!
Whether your touched Motherwell Township twice, paid homage to Rassie Erasmus Bok Coach home Despatch!!!!!!!!
Whether you brought respect to Bok Captain Siya Kolisi Zwide home!!!!!!!
But when you deliberately avoids the entire Coloured community from the Springbok Victory Tour Bus with such disrespect, I must speak….and speak now!!!!!!
When thousands upon thousands of Bok supporters gathered at Four Way Uitenhage since the dawn of day….I must speak… and speak now!!!!!!!
When thousands upon thousands lined the streets of Standford Road Northern Areas of Port Elizabeth since 9 am in drizzle of rainfall….I must speak….someone must speak…and speak now!!!!!!
When politicians and political parties fall silence, when it was this very silent voice which drummed political barkings of glorification claims of victory….I must speak….and speak now!!!!!!!
SA Rugby Management, The Nelson Mandela Bay Council and Political Parties….You Failed Us….You Failed The People of The Northern Areas of Uitenhage and Port Elizabeth!!!!!!!
You Do Not Deserve Our Vote…Nor Do You Deserve Our Support!!!!!!
It Is About Time For Our United Voices To Be Heard!!!!!
It’s sad because Rosedale and northern areas is the strong hold of all Blacks and snubbing them made them the laughing stock
— tobani (@tobani15312820) November 10, 2019
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- Ollie Pope Slams Maiden Test Ton As England Continue To Dominate The Third Test – Port Elizabeth in the News - 17 January 2020
- Lawyers dump PRASA after failure to pay R19 million – News from GroundUp - 17 January 2020
- Bums Out More Please Guys! – Team Sailing League Regatta - 17 January 2020
- England becomes 1st to play 500 away Tests – Port Elizabeth Business News - 17 January 2020
- England becomes 1st to play 500 away Tests – Port Elizabeth in the News - 17 January 2020