Lee Den Hond (BWA winner in the Entrepreneur category 2015): Owner of Blue Platinum Events, Lee is a businesswoman, inspirational speaker, athlete and optimist who believes that nothing is impossible. She founded her events company 16 years ago and has grown it to specialise in the creative architecture of large-scale corporate events – from conceptualisation to delivery and execution. Lee has drawn huge inspiration for her business life from her lifelong focus on sport. She has completed four Ironman endurance races and climbed Mount Everest.
Lee became the third South African woman to summit Mount Everest, completing the climb as part of the Canadian Peak Freaks group. All 13 members of the group summited the highest mountain on Earth, located in the Himalayan mountain range, and described the weather as being “calm” with “warm sunshine”.
Date: October 19, 2015 09:56
Click here for more: MyPE Images – MyPE (Latest images)
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- Bhisho News: Top Bhisho MECs listed for national role - 22 March 2019
- King Williams Town News: Long term forecast forKing Williams Town, Eastern Cape (South Africa) - 22 March 2019
- Uitenhage News: Convent’s ‘Ms Marsch’ retires after 40 years - 22 March 2019
- PE Business News: Explosives seized, five arrested as KZN police foil ATM bomb plot - 22 March 2019
- Kitesurfing Sundays River Mouth, Eastern Cape South Africa [video] - 21 March 2019