Lee Den Hond (BWA winner in the Entrepreneur category 2015): Owner of Blue Platinum Events, Lee is a businesswoman, inspirational speaker, athlete and optimist who believes that nothing is impossible. She founded her events company 16 years ago and has grown it to specialise in the creative architecture of large-scale corporate events – from conceptualisation to delivery and execution. Lee has drawn huge inspiration for her business life from her lifelong focus on sport. She has completed four Ironman endurance races and climbed Mount Everest.
Lee became the third South African woman to summit Mount Everest, completing the climb as part of the Canadian Peak Freaks group. All 13 members of the group summited the highest mountain on Earth, located in the Himalayan mountain range, and described the weather as being “calm” with “warm sunshine”.
Date: October 19, 2015 09:56
Click here for more: MyPE Images – MyPE (Latest images)
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- Ironman 2019 Leg Up - 21 May 2019
- Bhisho News: South Africa: Bhisho Ratepayers Rebel - 21 May 2019
- Morty, the tame Cheetah in Kragga Kamma Game Reserve [video] - 21 May 2019
- Things have changed in Political Activism [video] - 21 May 2019
- Ironman 2019 – Algoa Bay - 21 May 2019