Join Port Elizabeth and MyPE in congratulating Mover and Shaker, Leandie Buys from Leandie Buys Clinical Sexolgist:
Since setting up her practice in Cape Road over five years ago, Leandie Buys has become recognised as one of the Bay’s top relationship experts. The public’s initial reaction to the relationship expert and clinical sexologist was one of caution, but her regular show on local radio and public talks have helped her build a strong following. Over the years she has counselled over 1000 couples in Port Elizabeth and surrounding areas. However, Buys feels that it is time for her practice to be taken in a new direction.
“Spring is here, and it’s time for a new season,” says Buys. “I am moving my practice from its prominent position in Cape Road to a more discrete and comfortable venue. I want the couples with relationship concerns and individuals that come for sexual health counselling to feel completely at ease, in a calm, relaxing and more private environment.”
Buys has purpose-built consultation rooms onto her home in Beverley Grove where she will begin practicing from September 03, 2012. “The environment is much more private, and my consultation rooms are surrounded by the most beautiful garden. I asked my landscaper to put together something that would help calm any anxious couples that come to see me. The result is amazing. The garden is also very symbolic when it comes to relationships. It needs care and nurturing – not just on days when you feel like it!”
Buys is also the author of Seasons of Sex – available in English and Afrikaans. Each story is written from a “his” and “hers” perspective so that couples can learn to understand each others’ viewpoints better. Stories range from everyday relationship difficulties (such as the best way to communicate with each other) to some more serious topics (such as divorce and adultery).
The personal stories offer a refreshing new look at relationships which one wouldn’t have been exposed to at school or sexual health seminars.
Submitted by: Claire Warneke on behalf of Leandie Buys Clinical Sexolgist.
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- Major questions for South Africa after Wanderers horror show – Port Elizabeth in the News - 22 February 2020
- The Lottery and the missing minstrel museum – News from GroundUp - 22 February 2020
- Agar takes hat-trick as Australia hammer South Africa in first T20 – Port Elizabeth Business News - 22 February 2020
- The Australian spinner highlighted that he aspires to become someone like India’s Ravindra Jadeja. – Port Elizabeth in the News - 22 February 2020
- Cricket-Agar hat-trick helps Australia thrash S.Africa in first T20 – Port Elizabeth in the News - 22 February 2020