A MyPE.co.za ‘Horse Memorial’ selected video for you:
Memorial Day thru Native Americans’ Day
Legends in Light, Laser-light Show
“Legends in Light” the Crazy Horse Memorial multimedia laser-light show is presented nightly, at dark, from Memorial Day weekend through Native Americans’ Day in October. The laser-light show effectively turns the mountainside into a giant 500-foot “screen” for the spectacular display.
“This is laser-light storytelling to illuminate our cultural diversity, celebrate our similarities and encourage better understanding and harmony among races and nations,” said Ruth Ziolkowski, wife of late sculptor Korczak Ziolkowski, and president and CEO of the nonprofit Crazy Horse Memorial Foundation.
The Memorial honors Native Americans, and “Legends in Light” dramatizes the story of the rich heritage, living cultures and contributions by Native Americans to our society. The show features colorful animations, sound effects and laser beams choreographed to music.
The show is produced with:
15-watt lasers that are the biggest used in the laser-show industry
8,800 watts of stereo sound that is heard in the parking lots and throughout the visitor complex
25 2,000-watt fixtures lighting up the mountain
Three of the world’s largest slide projectors.
The three PANI slide projectors create panoramic images as wide as the mountain carving. A closed-loop ice-making system cools the lasers, without drawing on water resources.
This dynamic method of storytelling provides a unique experience for our guests to enjoy.
|Click HERE to find more ‘Horse Memorial‘ videos.|
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- Upgrading of the national route between Grahamstown and Fish River Pass - 19 August 2017
- King Williams Town news: Matrics kicked out over braids - 19 August 2017
- 2 Bedroom House For Sale in Motherwell Nu 6, Port Elizabeth for R495 000 [video] - 19 August 2017
- Another Google guest review, this time from: Khumo Motsumi. – Featured Blog - 19 August 2017
- No sense of urgency from SAPS while PE Northern Areas bleed - 19 August 2017