Due to numerous requests from major industries and residents, the water shutdown at the Gelvandale Reservoir will now take place on Sunday, 8 July from 6am.
The interruption in supply is necessary to carry out permanent repairs on a major pipeline of 700 mm in diameter water.
The affected areas are: Helenvale, Algoa Park, Kwaford, Gelvandale, Zwide, Dora Nginza Hospital, Kwazakhele, Veeplaas, Govan Mbeki Township, Soweto on Sea, Qaqawuli, MK Silvertown, parts of New Brighton and parts of Deal Party.
We plan to station water tankers at Dora Nginza Hospital, Kwazakehle Day Hospital, corner of Njoli and Mavuso roads, Pieter Rademeyer Hall (Algoa Park), corner of Dyke Road and Whyteleaf Drive, Gelvandale Stadium, corner of Springbok and Bell roads and Govan Mbeki Township.
For any municipal-related matters, residents can call our 24-hour call centre at 0800 20 50 50.
Latest posts by NMB Communications (see all)
- Port Elizabeth’s Coega Kop Project Opened - 15 November 2018
- Provincial Men’s Parliament - 14 November 2018
- Get Treatment Defaulters to Return - 7 November 2018
- GASP Mini Olympics to showcase benefits of Private Public Partnership - 7 November 2018
- Many Areas to be Affected by Water Shutdown - 2 November 2018