Middelburg won the Plate Final after delivering a well-balanced display for a 43-0 victory against the George Lilies.
The tournament, which featured the best nine clubs from across the country, battled it out in the two-day tournament on Saturday and Sunday, which culminated in the respective finals.
Kwaru was in good form from the outset as they registered a 22-10 victory against the George Lilies in their opening match and built on this with a 15-7 victory against the University of Johannesburg on Saturday, before defeating the Busy Bees 14-10 on Sunday to book their place in the Cup Final.
Fort Hare, meanwhile, started the competition with a 62-0 bang against Matlosana and then beat Tygerberg 27-12 in their second pool match. The teams met again on Sunday, and the Eastern Cape outfit again dominated for a 32-12 victory to secure their place in the grand finale against Kwaru.
Middelburg, in turn, registered victories against the Busy Bees and the University of Limpopo before lining up against the George Lilies in the Plate final.
Women’s Club Champions results:
Sunday, 14 October
- UJ 10-12 George Lilies
- Busy Bees 10-14 Kwaru
- Fort Hare 32-12 Tygerberg
- Middelburg 43-0 George Lilies (Plate Final)
- Kwaru 19-7 Fort Hare (Cup Final)
Saturday, 13 October
- Fort Hare 62-0 Matlosana
- Kwaru 22-10 George Lilies
- George Lilies 7-24 UJ
- Busy Bees 22-10 Middelburg
- Fort Hare 27-12 Tygerberg
- Kwaru 15-7 UJ
- University of Limpopo 5-45 Middelburg
- Busy Bees 51-28 University of Limpopo
- Matlosana 5-53 Tygerberg
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- Individual Water Meters Must be Installed in NMB Complexes - 14 December 2018
- Holiday safety tips - 14 December 2018
- Port Elizabeth’s Most Accessible Hotel - 14 December 2018
- Beware of TBI this Festive Season - 14 December 2018
- What Size Inverter do I need for Loadshedding? - 13 December 2018