Free-flowing sewage in the streets, gushing water leaks, exposed illegal electricity connections and the charred remains of burned houses dot the Kuyga area.
Kuyga’s residents will on Monday 29 February get the chance to chat to DA Nelson Mandela Bay (NMB) Mayoral Candidate, Athol Trollip who says; “Poor and often non-existent service delivery has characterised too many years of bad governance in NMB.”
Athol Trollip and a delegation of DA councillors, MPs, MPLs and activists, will visit this desperate and angry community in NMB’s Ward 40.
The community alleges that their ANC ward councillor has been involved in various allegedly corrupt activities and refuses to work to improve service delivery in the area, compounded by violent in-fighting and factionalism within the ANC branch structure.
Athol Trollip will lead an oversight committee through the community, culminating in a large street meeting, where the DA’s service delivery strategy will be announced at 9:50 am at the Kuyga Clinic, corner of Mbangi Lane and Nzotoyi Drive.
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- Nice to confirm that MyPE still has “IT” - 25 May 2017
- Unsettled: 100 Years of War - 25 May 2017
- Commemorating Africa Day - 25 May 2017
- ‘Internet for All’ by 2020 – So tempted to say; “Really?” - 25 May 2017
- Is it Fraud when the Click Fraud studies don’t agree? - 25 May 2017