A private trucking contractor ran into a bit of difficulty this morning between 08h20 and 09h00 when the load he was transporting got stuck under a bridge.
The driver, who doesn’t want to be named, said he came off the Albany Road offramp onto the M4 in direction of Deal Party and realised that the Green Street bridge was lower than he thought.
He then backed up, crossed the island onto the M4, only to find that the load on the truck was too high to pass under the overhead signage.
Just before leaving, he said he is waiting for his boss to see what can be done.
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- Mthatha News: Browsing: Bill Tucker - 19 March 2019
- PE Business News: A Force More Powerful - 19 March 2019
- Uitenhage News: Long term forecast forUitenhage, Eastern Cape (South Africa) - 18 March 2019
- King Williams Town News: Two killed in head-on collision near King William’s Town - 18 March 2019
- PE Business News: Brussels to Port Elizabeth flights - 18 March 2019