Southern Kings head coach Deon Davids has confirmed that, while a number of players had sustained bumps and bruises during the hard fought game against the Highlanders, most were available for selection against the Emirates Lions game this weekend.
Most notably, CJ Velleman, who had just returned after recovering from a broken finger, was most likely going to be unavailable for the last two games, following an apparent knee injury sustained on Saturday.
“CJ has taken a bump to the upper quad, but his knee is also very swollen, so will be going for further scans tomorrow,” Davids said.
Davids said JC Astle had cleared his initial concussion test following the game on Saturday but was still being evaluated in line with the head injury protocols. He said the medical team was also still evaluating Jurgen Visser, who had sustained a concussion during the Jaguares game.
Davids said Lukanyo Am was not at practice yesterday due to illness, and was being rested, but should be available for selection for Saturday’s game.
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- If you said THIS about Eskom then you were right…. - 19 March 2019
- Electricity Day Zero looming - 19 March 2019
- 400 Km/h and 0-100 in 1.9 Seconds and it is a …… - 19 March 2019
- Is five percent economic growth possible? - 18 March 2019
- Mobility of the Future - 18 March 2019