Southern Kings head coach Deon Davids has confirmed that, while a number of players had sustained bumps and bruises during the hard fought game against the Highlanders, most were available for selection against the Emirates Lions game this weekend.
Most notably, CJ Velleman, who had just returned after recovering from a broken finger, was most likely going to be unavailable for the last two games, following an apparent knee injury sustained on Saturday.
“CJ has taken a bump to the upper quad, but his knee is also very swollen, so will be going for further scans tomorrow,” Davids said.
Davids said JC Astle had cleared his initial concussion test following the game on Saturday but was still being evaluated in line with the head injury protocols. He said the medical team was also still evaluating Jurgen Visser, who had sustained a concussion during the Jaguares game.
Davids said Lukanyo Am was not at practice yesterday due to illness, and was being rested, but should be available for selection for Saturday’s game.
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- Learners exposed to different career paths - 17 May 2019
- Winning streak for EP Cricket - 16 May 2019
- Lindiwe Cezula wins international award to get girls moving - 16 May 2019
- Two Fraudulent Doctors Arrested in Nelson Mandela Bay - 16 May 2019
- Unique International Museum Day Offering - 16 May 2019