Southern Kings head coach Deon Davids has confirmed that, while a number of players had sustained bumps and bruises during the hard fought game against the Emirates Lions, most were available for selection against the DHL Stormers game this weekend.
Most notably, Davids said Tom Botha was possibly not available for selection as he was battling a bit with his back and knee following the game against the Lions.
Davids said a few of the players were also showing early symptoms of flu, and were being treated and rested ahead of the Southern Kings final clash on Saturday.
“We are being preemptive, and are resting the players concerned, to give them a chance to recover fully before the game,” he said.
Davids said of concern was players in the current Currie Cup team who had sustained injuries, limiting selection options ahead of Saturday’s clash, including Tazz Fuzani, who had a foot injury as well as Cornell Hess and JP Jonck, who had both sustained concussions in the match. All three players are part of the expanded Southern Kings squad.
Davids said Jurgen Visser was still being evaluated under the medical protocols for concussion.
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- Budget 2019 – The Agriculture outcomes - 20 February 2019
- A new fuel tax without clarity is unacceptable - 20 February 2019
- The Full 2019 Budget Speech - 20 February 2019
- Plans in Place to Prevent PE Running out of Fuel - 20 February 2019
- Budget 2019 – Is it too late to slip in some Renewable Energy incentives, Pravin? - 20 February 2019