Three robbery suspects were arrested within 25 minutes after allegedly robbing a shop in North End, Port Elizabeth yesterday.
It is alleged that on Sunday, 23 April 2017 at about 17:00, the shop employee was alone in the shop in North End, when three men entered. One of the suspects pointed the employee with a firearm and robbed the shop of an undisclosed amount of cash and two cellphones.
Members of the Crime Combating Unit, attached to the Operational Command Centre at Mount Road, responded to the call and immediately followed up on information received from witnesses and arrested the three suspects within 25 minutes of the robbery.
The Cluster Commander of the Mount Road Cluster, Major General Funeka Siganga, praised the members for excellent coordination and team work which ultimately resulted in the speedy arrests.
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- Siya Kolisi thanks South Africa for “unbelievable support” on Trophy Tour - 11 November 2019
- Home Affairs relaxes travel requirements for child tourists - 11 November 2019
- R1.2 Billion Investment into next generation bakkie - 11 November 2019
- Alumni celebrated at 10th annual awards - 11 November 2019
- Bloody Hell Springboks – Why is (some of) PE so Miff Wiff You? - 11 November 2019