As open water swimming returns to Settlers Dam, Grahamstown this Sunday for the second round of the sanctioned EC Swim Series, all eyes will be on the 3km swim which will see Port Elizabeth’s Jones brothers, Wayne and Daniel, going head to head for the first time this season. Both coming off good wins at last weeks aQuellé Ocean Racing Series, Wayne in the 3km swim and younger sibling Daniel in the 2km swim, it’s going to be a very interesting tussle for these two talented Nelson Mandela Bay Aquatics (NMBA) Swimmers.
Whilst they’ve dominated the ocean swimming over the past couple of years, they will have to fight hard on Sunday to say on top of the podium as some of NMBA’s and East London’s top swimmers will be in attendance this weekend keen to take advantage of this last opportunity to secure a Swimming SA qualifying time for 2015.
The EC Swim Series is open to all swimming enthusiasts and offers a fantastic training opportunity for local triathletes as the Series includes a 1km, 3km, 5km and 10km swim on the morning starting from 9am.
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- 5 December 2019 Loadshedding Menu of Darkness – Stage 2 - 5 December 2019
- The most destructive mayor in Nelson Mandela Bay’s history REMOVED - 5 December 2019
- Happy 14th Birthday - 5 December 2019
- Awakening the spirit of entrepreneurship in the youth - 5 December 2019
- 08207775555 – the WhatsApp number for MannMade Radio - 5 December 2019