Joliza, an asipiring Afro–Soul artist, hails from Walmer Township in Nelson Mandela Bay who began his craft in 2005 and soon formed Valley Gees who later released an EP titled Umanqoba in 2007. He later decided to pursue his musical dream as a solo artist and released his debut EP called Nontsokolo.
Through his collaborations and working with other groups Joliza decided to commit to his solo career and in 2013 released follow up EP ‘Skeem Sam’. Heading to the call of his followers in 2015 he released his much anticipated Afro-Soul album titled ‘Amalungelo’ and launched it with a bang in May 2016. Having performed throughout Nelson Mandela Bay he counts performing at the 1st Annual Gqeberha Music Festival as one of his highlights. The annual festival is the brainchild of Joliza and his team. His latest offering ‘Ndithwale Hashe lam’ is proving to be another favourite and a hit. Join us on Sunday as Joliza opens the new cycle of Jazz’Afro Sundays @ The Barn with what promises to be an emphatic show!
See Joliza Magiyana on 21 October 2018 at The Barn Theatre, PE Opera House from 17:00. Admission is R70.00 (R50.00 Pensioners) – limited seating be sure to be early
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- The Full 2019 Budget Speech - 20 February 2019
- Plans in Place to Prevent PE Running out of Fuel - 20 February 2019
- Budget 2019 – Is it too late to slip in some Renewable Energy incentives, Pravin? - 20 February 2019
- Time is Running Out - 19 February 2019
- Homecoming for Amanda Black - 19 February 2019