Joliza, an asipiring Afro–Soul artist, hails from Walmer Township in Nelson Mandela Bay who began his craft in 2005 and soon formed Valley Gees who later released an EP titled Umanqoba in 2007. He later decided to pursue his musical dream as a solo artist and released his debut EP called Nontsokolo.
Through his collaborations and working with other groups Joliza decided to commit to his solo career and in 2013 released follow up EP ‘Skeem Sam’. Heading to the call of his followers in 2015 he released his much anticipated Afro-Soul album titled ‘Amalungelo’ and launched it with a bang in May 2016. Having performed throughout Nelson Mandela Bay he counts performing at the 1st Annual Gqeberha Music Festival as one of his highlights. The annual festival is the brainchild of Joliza and his team. His latest offering ‘Ndithwale Hashe lam’ is proving to be another favourite and a hit. Join us on Sunday as Joliza opens the new cycle of Jazz’Afro Sundays @ The Barn with what promises to be an emphatic show!
See Joliza Magiyana on 21 October 2018 at The Barn Theatre, PE Opera House from 17:00. Admission is R70.00 (R50.00 Pensioners) – limited seating be sure to be early
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- Did Ramaphosa tell Porky Pies about African Global (#Bosasa) Payment to Andile? - 17 November 2018
- Gifts close to my heart - 17 November 2018
- How to navigate a buyers’ market - 17 November 2018
- 5 Double Color Run Tickets up for Grabs – #Happiest5K - 16 November 2018
- Xasa fiddles while Stutterheim Burns - 16 November 2018