On 10/07/2015, Jill Lombard answered 5 Questions about Port Elizabeth for publication on MyPE:
1. Are you Port Elizabeth born and bred?: No
2. Favourite part of Port Elizabeth?: Summerstrand – Hobie Beach area.
3. Complete this sentence; “Port Elizabeth would be better with …………”: more attractions for holidaymakers. It would boost the economy enormously. We have fantastic beaches, glorious weather, very little pollution (thanks to the wind), the Boardwalk, lots of friendly people.
4. Your PE Secret Spot?: Retha’s lovely walk at Schoenies, with all the hidden treasures. My grandchildren love it, and I have shared it with a few, not too many, friends.
5. Your favourite PE Memory ever?: I came to PE in 1956 when I was ten years old we lived at the bottom end of Havelock street, my friends and I used to walk over the Donkin and through the Old Mutual Arcade. I was enthralled, and equally horrified when the knocked it down a few years later.
Catch Jill Lombard here: Twitter
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- Air Mauritius partners with SA to launch pilot academy – Port Elizabeth in the News - 23 August 2019
- Shots fired following armed robbery at House and Home warehouse in Port Elizabeth – Port Elizabeth Business News - 23 August 2019
- Shots fired following armed robbery at House and Home warehouse in Port Elizabeth – Port Elizabeth in the News - 23 August 2019
- Uitenhage News: South Africa: Small-Scale Farmers Demand Access to Land - 23 August 2019
- Kevin Peraza Wins Best Trick Event with Never-Been-Done 180 Backflip Tailwhip over a spine. – MyPR.co.za - 23 August 2019