Entries are open for the JBay Wind Farm MTB Classic, to be held on the 22nd of July 2017. The event forms part of the JBay Winterfest and will showcase some of the finest trails in the surrounding area.
Now in its fifth year, the event will offer something for riders of a range of fitness and skill levels. With the start and finish at the Kabeljouws Lagoon parking lot, there will be three routes available to riders: a 25km fun ride, a 50km half-marathon and an 85km ultra. This race carries the unique distinction of being the only one-day race in Africa to traverse a wind farm.
The short route will be the same as in 2016, with the 50km marathon featuring a few changes, including one or two additional climbs. It is in the 85-kilometre ultra where seriously fit riders will be in for a real treat though. Traditionally an ideal shakedown training ride ahead of Transbaviaans in August, the route will be technical and tough and, almost completely different from previous years with a lot of new singletrack. (Watch the local press for a full route reveal soon).
There will once again be R50 000 worth of prizes up for grabs, with a R10 000 first prize for both the male and female 85km ultra category winners. Enter today online at jbaymtbclassic.co.za.
Visit the JBay Wind Farm MTB Classic Facebook page.
- 85km Route R300,00 + day license R45,00 – 85km Minimum Age: Turning 19 in 2017*
- 50km Route R225,00 + day license R45,00 – 50km Minimum Age: Turning 15 in 2017*
- 25km Route R120,00 + day license R45,00 – 25km Minimum Age: Turning 9 in 2017*
The day license only applies to Cyclists not registered with Cycling SA.
* It is the Parents responsibility to know the CSA Age Restrictions for the distances.
Online Registration closes at midnight on Wednesday 19 July 2017.
Source: Port Elizabeth – MyPR.
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- Southern Kings played a hand in the careers of some World Cup-winning Springboks – Port Elizabeth in the News - 13 November 2019
- Uitenhage News: Open manhole is an accident waiting to happen - 13 November 2019
- Recognise this guy, Bruce? - 13 November 2019
- Smile John! – Team Sailing League Regatta - 13 November 2019
- Pitso Mosimane says he is not losing any sleep over Kaizer Chiefs – Port Elizabeth Business News - 13 November 2019